On these phones and most other Android devices, you start by long-pressing an available blank spot on your home screen, not an icon or the app launcher.
Just keep your finger on the screen.
From the menu that appears, tap the Widgets option.
They are not the same as shortcuts, as they typically display information and take up more space than a single icon.
- Touch and hold an empty area on a home screen.
- Tap on Widgets (below).
- Touch and hold a widget and drag it to the favorite home screen.
- If necessary, select additional options to activate the widget.
When the Applications screen appears, tap the Widgets tab at the top of the screen. Swipe left to cycle through the different widgets available until you get to the “Settings shortcut”. Tap and hold the widget… …and drag it to the “Home” screen.
Touch and hold an empty area on a home screen. Touch and hold a widget, then drag it to your favorite home screen. In order for the widget to be added successfully, there must be enough space on the selected screen. If necessary, select additional options to activate the widget.
Press the home button to display the home screen. Touch and hold your finger on an available spot and select Widgets -> Clock & Weather.
Press and hold an empty spot on any square. Tap the Widgets icon at the bottom of the screen. Scroll right and left to find your widget.
Samsung Galaxy S10 – Add widgets to home screen
How To: Install Widgets on Android Devices
- Step 1: Press and hold your finger on your home screen. After pressing for a few seconds, a menu will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 2: From this menu, select the “Widgets” option.
- Step 3: Scroll right until you reach the widget you want to install.
Installing a widget is easy; Choosing a widget can be a bit trickier. On most Android smartphones, all you have to do is long press on your home screen and then select Widgets from the menu that appears. The list includes widgets offered by apps you’ve downloaded, as well as built-in widgets from Google and your phone manufacturer.
Fix: Android app widgets not showing
Samsung Galaxy Note9 – Add widgets to the home screen
- On a home screen, long press an empty spot.
- Tap on Widgets (below).
- Touch and hold a widget.
- Drag the widget to the favorite home screen and then release it. In order for the widget to be added successfully, there must be enough space on the desired screen.
- If available, tap additional options to activate the widget.
Your device comes with several pre-installed widgets and you can download more from Google Play. You can get many widgets for Android for free, although some offer in-app purchases or upgrades. Adding a downloaded widget to your home screen is easy: tap the Widgets tab and scroll through the available options.
How to get Facebook’s Android widget
How do I find the flashlight on my Samsung phone?
How to use the Samsung Galaxy S5 as a flashlight
- Hold your finger on the home screen until you see the “Wallpapers”, “Widgets” and “Home screen settings” options.
- Tap on “Widgets”
- Scroll through the list of all your available widgets until you see one labeled “Torch”.
- Hold “Flashlight” and place it in an available slot on your home screen.
How do I restore my Google search bar on my Android?
To bring up the search bar:
To be able to add one or more widgets to your mobile lock screen, you must:
- Turn off the screen of your smartphone or tablet.
- Turn it back on to see the lock screen.
- Once there, swipe left or right.
- When you see the “+” option, tap on it.
- A list of widgets will appear, prompting you to choose one.
Widgets are designed to help you save time and make using your tablet more fun. By adding widgets to your home screen, you can get live updates instantly and see all your personalized updates in one place. From the home screen, tap the All apps icon. Scroll and long press on the desired widget.
Edit widget settings. Press and hold a widget on your home screen and drag it into the Settings app. This will bring up the widget screen where you can customize the widget to your liking. On some Android models, a single tap on a widget only opens the widget screen where you can customize the widget.
11 best widgets for your Android home screen
How do I get the app icon back on my Android phone?
How to bring back the All Apps button
- Long press on an empty area on your home screen.
- From the home screen, tap the gear icon – Settings.
- From the menu that appears, tap the Applications button.
- In the next menu, select the Show apps button and then tap Apply.
How can I recover deleted icons on Android?
Recover Deleted Apps on Android Phone or Tablet
How to create a shortcut on Android?
Creating shortcuts to a file or folder – Android
- Press menu.
- Tap FOLDERS.
- Navigate to the desired file or folder.
- Tap the Select icon in the lower-right corner of the file/folder.
- Tap the files/folders you want to select.
- Tap the shortcut icon in the lower right corner to create the shortcut(s).
How to add widgets from the App Store
In Android, the word widget is a generic term for a self-contained piece of code that displays a program, or part of a program, that is also (usually) a shortcut to a larger application. Both types are very useful, and it’s quite common to see a widget or two on an Android phone’s home screen.
widgets. A widget is a simple application extension, often part of a larger application already installed on the device.
3- Go to Settings, open Application Manager and then open Google Search app. Now tap on “Clear data” or “Clear cache”. Sometimes buggy updates cause Google search widget not working on Android phones. 4- Many users were able to fix Google search widget not working simply by rebooting.
Why play music doesn’t work?
There is a simple workaround to fix this problem. Go to “Applications” or “Application Manager” in the “Settings” menu and search for “Google Play Music”. Then tap on “Storage”, then on “Clear Cache”. Reboot the device, then open the Play Music app and all your music should now be available.
Why isn’t Google working on my phone?
Check your device’s microphone. This can be caused by debris in the small mic hole that’s often found next to the charging port – give it a gentle tap with a safety pin or similar to clean it out and you’ll often fix the problem. If that doesn’t work, check the microphone settings in the Google app.
Why isn’t Google working on my phone?
If clearing your Google Play Store cache and data didn’t work, you may need to go to your Google Play Services and clear the data and cache there. This is easy. You need to go to your settings and click on application manager or applications. From there, locate the Google Play Services app (the puzzle piece).
How to fix an application that won’t open Android?
Fix an installed Android application that isn’t working
- Step 1: Reboot and update. Restart your device. To restart your phone, press and hold the power button for a few seconds. Next, tap Restart on your screen.
- Step 2: Look for a major app problem. Force quit the application. In general, you don’t need to close applications. Android automatically manages the memory used by applications.
Why doesn’t Snapchat work on Android?
If clearing the cache didn’t help, this might help you fix the problem. Clearing the cache will erase all information stored by the application. Tap Apps (on some Android phones or tablets, this is the App manager or Manage apps). Now find Snapchat and tap on it.
Photo in the “Wikimedia Commons” article https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Free_and_open-source-software_display_servers_and_UI_toolkits.svg