Change download locations
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- In the “Downloads” section, adjust your download settings: To change the default download location, click Change and select where you want your files to be saved.
How do I change where Windows updates are downloaded?
The default Windows Update location is C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution. The SoftwareDistribution folder is where everything is downloaded and installed later. Next, use Ctrl+Alt+Delete to launch Task Manager and switch to the Services tab, then right-click on wuauserv and stop it.
How do I change the default save location?
How to Change Microsoft Office Default Save Locations
How do I change my library location in Windows 7?
How to Change Default Library Location in Windows 7
- Click the Orb to open the Start menu and 2. click Documents to open the folder.
- When the Documents folder opens, click the Organize button below the address bar.
- Click Properties from the menu.
- Select the new save location and click 6. Set save location.
- Click OK when finished.
Where are Windows updates stored?
Temporary update files are stored in C:WindowsSoftwareDistributionDownload and this folder can be renamed and deleted to prompt Windows to recreate a folder. Note that any previously downloaded uninstalled updates will need to be downloaded again before they can be installed.
Can I remove the C: Windows SoftwareDistribution download?
It is generally safe to delete the contents of the Software Distribution folder, once all of the files required by it have been used to install Windows Update. Even if you delete files otherwise, they will be automatically downloaded. However, this data store also contains your Windows update history files.
How to move libraries in Windows 7?
How To Move Windows 7 Personal Folders Like My Documents To Another Drive
How to move files from C to D?
Double-click Computer or This PC to open Windows File Explorer. Navigate to the folders or files you want to move and right click on them. Select Copy or Cut from the options provided. Finally, find drive D or other drives where you want to store the files, then right-click the empty space and select Paste.
Where is the Library folder in Windows 7?
To access Libraries in Windows 7, type libraries in the Start menu search box and press Enter. The Windows 7 default libraries will open in Explorer, namely Documents, Music, Pictures, and Videos. Whenever you are in Windows Explorer, you will be able to access Libraries from the Navigation Pane.
Where can I find old Windows update files?
How to Delete Old Windows Update Files
- Open the Start menu, type Control Panel and press Enter.
- Go to Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Disk Cleanup.
- Select Clean up system files.
- Check the box next to Windows Update Cleanup.
- If available, you can also check the box next to Previous Windows installations.
- Click OK.
How to uninstall Windows updates all at once?
Method 1 Uninstall updates
How to install Windows updates on another drive?
Double-click on the Setup.exe file to launch the installation of Windows 10 from the USB key. Select the Keep personal files and apps option to update only your system. If you get the “Windows needs more space” option, click the Choose another drive link or connect an external drive with 10 GB available.
Can I delete Windows Installer files?
If you don’t want to go back to your old operating system, that’s just wasted space, and lots of it. So you can delete it without causing any problems on your system. However, you cannot delete it like any folder. Instead, you’ll need to use Windows 10’s Disk Cleanup tool.
Can I delete the Windows 7 installation folder?
The C:WindowsInstaller folder is used by the operating system and should never be modified directly. If you want to remove apps, use Control Panel Programs and Features to uninstall them. It is also possible to run Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr.exe) in elevated mode to free up space.
Can I delete the old SoftwareDistribution folder?
Yes, you can safely delete the old softwaredistribution.old folder.
How to manage libraries in Windows 7?
How to Manage Folders in Libraries in Windows 7
- Step 1: Launch the computer from the Start menu.
- Step 2: In the left pane, expand the Libraries folder by clicking on the small triangle next to it if the list is not already visible.
- Step 3: Right-click on the library you want to edit and select “Properties” from the menu that appears.
What are the four default libraries in Windows 7?
In Windows 7, there are four default libraries: Documents, Music, Pictures, and Videos. All default libraries include two standard folders: the user folder specific to each library and the public folder specific to it.
Where are my documents stored in Windows 7?
Photo in “Wikimedia Commons” article https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:VLC_2.0.6.png