Method 1 on Stock Android
- Understand the limitations of Android.
- Unlock your Android screen.
- Go to another screen if necessary.
- Find an icon you want to remove.
- Try long-pressing an app icon.
- Select the “Remove” or “Remove” option.
- Tap and drag the app to the top of the screen.
How to delete an icon?
If you want to remove an app from the phone (and therefore from the menu screen), go to Settings -> Applications and find the app you want to get rid of, click on it and there should be an uninstall option, click on it and the app and icon will be removed from the menu.
How do I remove icons from my status bar?
With the System UI Tuner, you can remove (and later re-add) various status bar icons in Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Remove status bar icons
Method 1 Remove Widgets from Home Screen
- Unlock your Android.
- Locate the widget you want to remove. Since the home screen has multiple pages, you may need to swipe left or right to find the widget(s) you want.
- Press and hold the offending widget.
- Drag the widget to the “Remove” section.
- Remove your finger.
How do I remove unwanted apps from my Android phone?
How to Remove Android Crapware Effectively
How to uninstall Samsung apps?
Remove unwanted apps
- Tap Apps at the bottom right of the home page. This recovers all your installed apps.
- Long press the app you want to delete.
- Drag it over the Uninstall button at the top and release.
- Tap Uninstall to confirm.
How to permanently remove desktop icons?
Method 1. This first method to delete a desktop shortcut is quite simple: move your mouse over the desktop shortcut you want to delete and press the left mouse button. With the icon still selected and the left mouse button still pressed, drag the desktop shortcut to and above the trash can icon on the desktop.
How do I remove the clock from my status bar?
To remove the clock from the status bar, go to Settings -> Configurations -> Status bar -> System UI Tuner -> Time -> Do not show this icon.
How to turn off the notification bar?
How to get rid of the NFC icon?
If it’s not in the quick settings menu, you’ll need to tap the gear icon at the top of the screen, or open the app drawer and find the Settings icon, then select Devices connected > Connection preferences. Inside you will see a toggle switch for NFC. Tap it to disable the feature.
- Press and hold an empty space on the home screen.
- Tap Widgets in the menu that appears.
- Navigate to the Google App folder and tap on it.
- Drag and drop the search bar from inside the folder to the appropriate space on any of your home screens.
How to remove Galaxy Essentials from home screen?
Swipe left to locate the Galaxy Essentials, then drag it to an available space on the screen. If you want to delete the Galaxy Essentials widget, just press and hold it, then drag it to the trash icon.
Widgets can be removed from your home screen by long-pressing the widget and dragging it up or down (depending on your launcher) until it turns red, then letting go.
How to remove factory installed apps on Android?
To see if you can remove the app from your system, go to Settings > Apps & notifications and select the one in question. (Your phone’s Settings app may look different, but look for an Apps menu.) If you see a button labeled Uninstall, that means the app can be removed.
How to uninstall preinstalled apps on Android?
Removing pre-installed apps is not possible in most cases. But what you can do is disable them. To do this, head to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all X apps. Select the app you don’t want, then tap the Disable button.
How to delete default apps on Android?
How to Delete Default Apps in Android
How to uninstall Android system apps?
Uninstall system apps on Android without root
- Go to Android settings, then apps.
- Tap the menu, then tap “Show system” or “Show system apps.”
- Click on the system app you want to remove.
- Click the Disable button.
- Select OK when it says “Replace this app with the factory version…”.
How do I delete an app from my Samsung phone?
Uninstall apps on Android
Does uninstalling an app remove permissions?
Remove app permission after uninstalling an app. If you are so particular, remove the given permission from your Google account. Keep permission intact of your running apps. This way, you can completely remove the permission given to uninstalled Android apps from your phone.
How do I remove icons from my desktop without deleting them?
To remove the shortcut, first click “Cancel” to close the Properties window, then right-click the icon and select “Delete”. Click “Yes” to confirm deletion. Open File Explorer if the icon represents an actual folder and you want to remove the desktop icon without deleting it.
In the SETTINGS menu, scroll down until you see LOGGER FLOATING WIDGET SETTINGS. You want to uncheck the ENABLE LOGGER FLOATING WIDGET option. Once this option is unchecked, you should immediately see that the floating icon is removed from the screen.
How do I remove icons from my Mac desktop without deleting them?
Go to the Mac OS Finder if you haven’t already, then do the following:
- Click on the “Finder” menu and select “Preferences”
- Click on the “General” tab.
- Uncheck the boxes next to hard drives, players, iPods, etc. to enable or disable these icons on the Mac desktop.
How do I hide the location icon on my Android?
3 hidden Android customization settings you need to try
How can I get rid of the alarm icon on my s8 notification bar?
Go to Settings > Status bar > Status bar icons and from there you can uncheck the alarm icon.
Easiest way if rooted: you can use GravityBox to hide the alarm clock symbol.
- Open the app.
- Go to “Adapt the status bar” (I don’t know the exact translation in English)
- Choose “Adapt clock”
- Check the box next to “Hide alarm symbol”
How do I hide the notification bar on my s8?
“Show all content” for all other users.
What is the difference between an app and a widget?
What is the difference between an app and a widget? You don’t need to click on widgets to run them. On the other hand, an application is a software program that runs on mobile devices or computers and is usually third-party programs. A simple example is “WordWeb”, which is available as an iPhone application.
If you are currently using Google Experience Launcher (GEL), you can simply disable Google Now to make the search bar disappear. Go to your settings > Apps > swipe to the ‘ALL’ tab > select ‘Google Search’ > tap ‘Disable’. The only thing you need to do now is restart your device and the search bar will disappear.
Steps to add or remove a widget on your Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)
- From the home screen, long press on an empty part of the home screen.
- Tap Widgets.
- Scroll to the widget you want to add.
- Press and hold the widget.
- Drag it to the preferred screen and location, then release.
- To remove a widget, long press the widget.
Photo in “Wikimedia Commons” article https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ic_android_48px.svg