To change the account type with the Settings app in Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click Accounts.
- Click Family & other users.
- Select a user account.
- Click the Change account type button.
- Select the Administrator or Standard User account type depending on your needs.
- Click the OK button.
How do I change the Microsoft account on my computer?
Step 1: To convert the account, you can do the following:
How can I sign in to another Microsoft account in Windows 10?
How to manage account sign-in options on Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Click Accounts.
- Click Login Options.
- Under ‘Password’, click the Change button.
- Enter your current Microsoft account password.
- Click the Login button.
- Enter your old password.
- Create a new password.
How can I remove my Microsoft account from Windows 10?
To remove a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 PC:
How do I unlink my Microsoft account from Windows 10?
To unlink your Microsoft account from your computer, follow the instructions below. Although these use Windows 10, the instructions are similar for 8.1. 1. From the Start menu, click on the “Settings” option or search for “Settings” and select this option.
Can I change the Microsoft account on my laptop?
Open Settings > Accounts and click Your information. After confirming that the account is configured to use a Microsoft account, click Sign in with a local account instead. Enter your Microsoft account password to confirm that you are authorized to make the change, then click Next.
How do I change my Microsoft account email in Windows 10?
If you want to change your primary Microsoft account email associated with your Windows device, you can choose an alias or create a new one and then make it primary. Visit your Microsoft account page and sign in. Next, select the “Your Information” tab next to the “Account” option.
Does Windows 10 require a Microsoft account?
A local user account in Windows 10 will let you install traditional desktop apps, customize settings, and use the old-school operating system. You can access the Windows Store, but if you’re using Windows 10 Home, you can’t download and install apps without a Microsoft account.
How to change the main account in Windows 10?
1. Change a user account type in Settings
- Use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
- Click Accounts.
- Click Family & other people.
- Under Other People, select the user account and click Change Account Type.
- Under Account Type, select Administrator from the drop-down menu.
How can I sign in to another Microsoft account?
In the upper right corner, tap or click Connect. Under Switch to a Microsoft account on this PC, tap or click Sign in to each app separately instead (not recommended). Under Add your Microsoft account, enter the email address and password of the Microsoft account you want to use for this app.
How do I remove my Microsoft account from Windows 10 2018?
How to Completely Delete a Microsoft Account in Windows 10
How to remove Microsoft account from Windows 10 without password?
Add or remove a password for a Windows 10 local account
- On the desktop, press the Windows key and type “sign”. Select Login Options from the menu.
- In the Password section, click Change and follow the instructions to add a password. To remove a password, enter the current password and leave all other fields blank.
How do I delete the administrator account on my Windows 10 computer?
Click User Accounts. Step 2: Click the Manage another account link to see all user accounts on the PC. Step 3: Click on the admin account you want to remove or remove. Step 5: When you see the following confirmation dialog, click the Delete Files or Keep Files button.
How do I desynchronize my Microsoft account from Windows 10?
Option 1: Change the login screen name.
How do I unlink my computer from my Microsoft account?
Try these steps:
- a) Sign in to the Microsoft account you want to change to a local account.
- b) Press Windows Key + C, click Settings and select PC Settings.
- c) In PC settings, click on Accounts and select Your account.
- d) In the right panel you will see your live-ID with the logout option just below.
How do I desynchronize my Microsoft account from my computer?
Please follow the steps below and check if it helps.
How do I change my Microsoft account password?
To change your Microsoft account password
- Sign in to your Microsoft account, then select Security.
- Select Change Password.
- Type your current password, then type a new password and type it again to verify. If you forgot your current password, you can reset your password.
- Select Save.
How do I change the Microsoft account on my HP laptop?
How do I remove a Microsoft account from my laptop?
To delete an email account:
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts.
- Under Accounts used by email, calendar, and contacts, select the account you want to remove, then select Manage.
- Select Remove account from this device.
- Select Delete to confirm.
Photo in “Wikimedia Commons” article https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:20150913_230116_Windows_10_Upgrade.jpg